Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hi My Name Is...

I think it is only proper to start off this little project with a bit of an introduction...

I guess I should probably disclose the fact that this blog is being started because it is a class assignment. Having said that I should also probably say that I have been meaning to start one for awhile. After all, as anyone who knows me would tell you, I am not lacking on opinions and I also do not lack the desire to impart wisdom on anyone who cares to listen. As the name for my blog might suggest, I'm going to focus on any and everything I think is relevant in the world. Once again, most of my family and friends can attest to the fact that I am a self-proclaimed political junkie- and it will likely be obvious in the content to come. BUT- my interests are not limited to politics so don't be surprised if you find something about sports, or a new movie I saw, or even the latest Britney drama (I know, I know but I have to stay current right?).

So now that you know what you are in for, here's a little about Blondie herself:

I am a senior, graduating in May (YAY!!), from George Mason University with a bachelor's in Government and International Politics and a minor in Electronic Journalism. It is a combination that I hope lands me in the communications or press office of a democratic (the party distinction is important to me as you will find out) politician somewhere. Please don't ask me what I am doing after I graduate because I will probably start to cry since I still haven't decided. Breakdowns, I have found, are a common occurrence among college seniors. But, anyway. I grew up at the beach in southern (again, an important distinction) New Jersey. I love anything to do with the beach, including ocean lifeguarding on the Wildwood Crest Beach Patrol in the summers. I love my family and I have a twin sister who is pretty much my heart in human form. She may also be the root of my competitive nature. I am very passionate and form strong opinions. Something that is central to my thinking and something I always strive for is open-mindedness. So as enthusiastic (may be somewhat of a euphemism but I will let you decide) as I may get I will always try to understand and appreciatete the opinions of others (even if they are wrong....haha just kidding, of course). So i guess that is all you need to know for now...
Stay tuned!

5 comments:

jcmrnbsn said...

What a perfect description! There is a single tear that has found its way down my cheek as I read your blog (unfortunately that is a strong family trait!). To anyone outside of the circle that is our family, it is true that this girl has a fire inside and the ability to let her opinions be known. Many dinner table discussions have primed her for greater things. You go girl!

Lisa said...

Shannon - this is very cool! My tear came when I read the description of your sister "my heart in human form" I am now looking to you to be my source of political information and whether or not Britney is in rehab. 2 very important issues! Love, Lisa Powers

Jack said...

WOW So elequent..I agree Lisa, I am typing with tears in my eyes. Of shannon's description of her sister. Which it is so true. Shannon you always had and have an opionion on everything. Right or wrong. But that is what makes you so geniune.. Great Job Googie..Daddio

Unknown said...

We are not at all surprised.You told us you were going to be an anchor woman when you were in kindergarten. You are on your way girl.You even make being a Democrat sound cool.
Love, Grandm &Pop

Jeanne Clement said...

Well..all I have to say is I am very impressed with your knowledge and proper english Shannon! I wish your Nana was here to have a political debate with you.. which was what your Nana always enjoyed. Who knows...maybe someday Shannon Maurer will be a houshold name. You have a family who is very proud of you and looks forward to watch you through the years with all your accomplishments. Hope you get an A+..Love your favortie Godmother, Aunt Jeanne